Speaking of #GoodSouthernThings Georgia girl Belinda Harbuck Joyner just sent me her recipe for Red Velvet cookies. Here it is Liz Talley and Kim Law, Contemporary Romance Author.
8oz. (1 brick) Cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 c. Butter, softened (1 stick)
1 t. Vanilla
1 (18-ounce) box red velvet cake mix
Powdered sugar, for rolling/dusting
HOW ITS DONE:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
3. Beat in egg, then the vanilla.
4. Beat in the cake mix.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up.
6. Roll batter into tablespoon-sized balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.
7. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and “gooey.” Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
After the cookies have cooled, Belinda sprinkles extra powered sugar on them and also makes a thin icing to drizzle over the cookies. These sound yummy!